Will You Help Us?
There are many ways to give. We greatly appreciate monetary, thrift store, and vehicle donations. We also appreciate it when volunteers give of their time.
St. Vincent de Paul Society Bakersfield has no real source of income to support the thousands of people who come to us for help each year. We rely completely on the generosity of individuals, organizations, and businesses to assist the poor and homeless. Donations can be made in person, online via OSV by clicking the Donate button in the header, through PayPal by clicking the button below or scanning the QR code, or via mail.
If making a donation by mail, please send it to:
St. Vincent de Paul Center
P.O. Box 3255
Bakersfield, CA 93305
In Honorarium Donations
If you would like to make a donation in honor of an individual, please click the button below.
In Memoriam Donations
If you would like to make a donation in memory of a loved one or another individual, please click the button below.
Thrift Store Donations
We are happy to receive gently used and complete items. This means items must have all working parts, pieces, and cords, and no structural damage, if applicable. For example, we cannot accept a chair with a broken leg, or an electronic device with its cord missing. If you can't use it, neither can anyone else.
Have you been wondering what to do with your old computer, laptop, printer, smart phone (i.e., iPhone, Samsung), or scanner? Why not donate it to St. Vincent de Paul Bakersfield?
That's right, we accept e-waste donations. Simply bring your e-waste items along with your other items to our donation drop off, and we will take care of the rest.
Clothing and Accessories
- Clean clothing (all sizes)
- Dress-up costumes
- Shoes (all sizes)
- Sports gear
- Bedroom furniture
- China cabinets
- Dining tables and chairs
- Filing cabinets
- Infant cribs (slats must be less than 2.5" apart)
- Office and home desks (non-metal)
- Patio furniture
- Television stands
- Any upholstered furniture (no stains, tears)
Kitchen and Electronic
- Alarm clocks
- Dishes, glassware, pots and pans, and utensils
- Floor and table lamps
- Mobile phones
- Small kitchen appliances (blenders, coffee makers, toasters)
- TVs (color and cable-ready only)
- Videos, DVDs, CDs, and records
Other Household Goods
- Area rugs (clean, no stains or tears)
- Art, pictures, and frames
- Blankets, bed sheets, curtains, bath towels, and rugs
- Books (clean, no broken bindings or missing pages)
- Musical Instruments
- Puzzles, boxed toys, and games
- Table linens
- Wall hangings and decorative items
If you are not sure if your item counts as gently used, you don't see your item listed above, or you would like to schedule a pick up, please call 661-323-7340.